Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Secret: Don't Look Up



I Am: 1) Highlands Hollow Spoon Tongue Ale (not pictured) and 2) Highlands Hollow Bonnie St. Nan Brewer's Whim in a plastic cup.

I Am Best Paired With:
Successful completion of "the toughest half-marathon in the Northwest" (otherwise known as Race to Robie Creek), a baked potato, and new friends. As a so-called Robie virgin, I took things slowly this time around. I did, however, fulfill my goal of running the entire thing (even the really steep stuff) and met some nice folks after the run who I roped into helping me with my pictures. They also let me bum a ride with them back to Fort Boise. Evé, Courtney, Jackie, Steve, Lacey, Nick - good on ya, guys.

You Think I Am: 1) Refreshing. A perfectly nice and light beer for post-run celebratin.' 2) Whoa. This one felt like it was brewed above a campfire. A very smokey malt, this wouldn't be my 1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice for a hot day.

I Taste Like: 1) A bit like TableRock's Woodpecker Light (see 4/13 post) without as full a flavor. 2) An ESB brewed with Liquid Smoke and just a hint of barbecue sauce.

(from left: Nick, Jackie, Courtney, Steve, me, Evé, Lacey)

No comments:

Post a Comment