Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Poets, stranded on the island of Prose"


(photo courtesy of Patricia Zaballos' Wonder Farm blog)

Despite the Unrelated Photo, I Am: TableRock Woodpecker Light at $4 a pint in a plastic cup.

I Am Best Paired/Shared With: A significant other (or "siggy" as I like to call her) and a Michael Chabon reading at the Egyptian Theatre. Here's my confession: I've never read one word of Mr. Chabon's work. I know he's a relatively-young, highly-regarded, Pulitzer-prize-winning author but I haven't yet sat down and cracked the short story collection of his I just checked out of the library. Even so, when my aunt & uncle gifted us the tickets, we hoped it would be more engaging than staying home and watching a rerun of "Parks & Recreation." And, by and large, it was. Chabon was offbeat and funny while reading from a non-fiction piece about his quasi-relationship with Poe and there was beer on tap (though, as you can see, I forgot my camera).

You Think I Am: Not bad. TableRock's site lists their Woodpecker as "low-calorie & low alcohol" (which is a little redundant) and purposely reminiscent of a domestic pilsner. It drinks a little thicker and sweeter than, say, Bud Light but it'd be a decent, nimble little beer on which to overindulge.

I Taste Like: Equal parts Full Sail Session Lager & Widmer Hefeweizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment