Thursday, April 8, 2010

Post-work & Pre-supper



I Am: Spaten Optimator Doppelbock in a German wheat beer glass at Melting Pot.

Drink Me With:
A Friday evening, a nearby fondue restaurant, and sporty conversation with new coworkers. What can I say? It was a long day, it was rainy outside, I didn't wanna walk home - I didn't need any more motivation when my boss said he'd buy me a beer. Beyond that, I had a good chat with a few new acquaintances and didn't fall off my stool after two pints and a meager lunch.

You Think I Am:
Wunderbar. Spaten is, admittedly, one of my favorite beers. It's a dark malt with a light head and thick, coppery color. You can find toffee, molasses, raisin and other nice things in the smell and taste of this German wheat beer. A very fitting way to start a Friday.

I Taste Like:
An uber-rich [riché?] hefeweizen mixed with a more subtle barleywine.

(and the nice fellows who served me)

No comments:

Post a Comment